All published professional Websites, whether they offer online sales or not, are obliged to indicate the following legal notices :
- for a company: company name, legal form, address of the establishment or registered office (and not simply a post office box), amount of share capital;
- e-mail address and telephone number;
- name of the publication manager and contact details of the Website host (name or company name, address and telephone number) for blogs and forums;
- CNIL (Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés [National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties]) simplified declaration number, in the case of customer data collection (not mandatory, but recommended).
Before installing or reading a cookie, Website or application publishers must:
- inform Internet users about the purpose of cookies;
- obtain their consent;
- provide users with a way to refuse them.
The period of validity of this consent is a maximum of 13 months. However, some cookies are exempt from the requirement to obtain consent.
Failure to comply with any of these obligations may be punishable with up to one year in prison, a fine of €75,000 for individuals and €375,000 for legal entities.
1 Rue de Québec
76000 ROUEN, France
©Eugénie Martinez, ©Maxime Olsson, Ronan Production, Éric Bienvenu, Adobe Stock